AA Driver Training Center (AADTC) is entitled to charge fees for services provided to clients undertaking training and assessments that lead to an outcome generally recognized by the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission. These charges are generally for items such as course materials, textbooks, client services, training, and assessment services. Customers are issued a formal quote clearly stating all fees associated with delivery of services requested. This policy outlines AADTC’s Fees and Refund Policy for:
● Client’s booking courses; and
● Individuals participating in courses
This policy also outlines referral requirements regarding short and structured courses booked by clients where a minimum numbers requirement is a condition of the course booking.
Courses: A “course” for the purposes of this policy is referring to courses that are provided through AA Driver Training Center.
Clients Booking Courses
- Clients (for example, not limited to online or walk-in) booking courses will be invoiced. A minimum of 2 business days notice (prior to planned commencement date) to reschedule a course booking/confirmation is required. For each course booked, the client will have 1 free reschedule opportunity within 6 months. Any reschedule after 1 time or exceed 6 months will cause a rescheduling fee $20 each.
- If cancellation occurs within the 2 days prior to commencement, a cancellation fee will apply that is 20% of the value of the course based on total value of invoice including but not limited to the course, books, and Exam fees.
- There is a 30 mins grace period for being late to the class, but client will need to make up all hours missing. Clients will not be allowed in the class for more than 5 hours late in any days of the course. Over 1.5 hours lateness will be considered as absent, and the client need to paid original full price to retake the course. ($75 for each day of 24 hours, $75 for WAV course, and $60 for DDC course)
- Any booked course or services cannot be transfer to other people besides the original client for any reason.
Referrals are generally required to be received 1 day prior to the planned commencement date; however same day referrals are allowed. References must be provided by the clients for referrals. References will receive a written confirmation via SMS or EMAIL when their referred client has signed up and paid for the course.
Refund Relating to Courses
No refund will be granted for an individual unless a medical certificate preventing participation in the course is produced. No pro-rata refunds are payable for partially completed courses. The school process is to re-book the client in to the next available/suitable course within 6 month of the original date of booking. When an individual is qualified for a refund based on a medical necessity, the cancellation fee (20% of the entire course package) will not be waived.
Schedule of Fees and Charges
The School Director is responsible for approving AADTC Schedule of Fees and Charges. As a minimum the schedule of fees and charges is to include:
- the total amount of all fees including course fees, administration fees, material fees, exam fees and any other charges for enrolling in a training program;
- any discounts, fee reductions or exemptions available for multiple enrollments, continuing clients, group bookings, etc;
- the fees and charges for additional services, including additional help options available to clients who are deemed not yet competent on completion of training;
- the Miscellaneous Charges;
- AADTC refund policy.
Giving Notice of Enrollment Cancellation
A Client who wishes to cancel the enrollment must give notice in writing via email or letter. DTC staffs that are approached with initial notice of cancellation are to ensure the client understands the rights with regards to the refunding of tuition fees. The client is also to be advised of suspending the enrollment and re-commencing in another scheduled training course.
Clients who give written notice to cancel their enrollment, and who are eligible for a refund are to be provided with a Refund Request Form. Clients, who may not be eligible but are requesting a refund, should also be provided with the Refund Request Form so the request can be properly considered by the Office Manager. Clients may request the form by contacting AA Driver Training Center on (718) 886-6249 or emailing email@example.com.
Refunds Relating to Individual Client who is Eligible for Refund
The following refund policy will apply:
- Clients who give notice to cancel their enrollment no less than 2 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to an 80% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (20%) by AADTC is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the client’s initial intention to undertake the training.
- Clients who cancel their enrollment after a training program has commenced, will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
*Discretion may be exercised by the Office Manager in all situations, if the client can demonstrate that extenuating circumstances or significant medical necessity led to their withdrawal. In most cases, the client should be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee if the circumstances require it. AADTC Company reserves the right of the final interpretation in all situations.
Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the client within 15 days from the time the client gave written notice to cancel their enrollment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via AADTC Company check using the official name provided by the client on the Refund Request Form.
Our Guarantee to Clients
If for any reasons, AA Driver Training Center is unable to fulfill its service agreement with a client, AADDTC must issue a full refund for any services not provided. The basis for determining “services not provided” is to be based on the units of competency completed by the client and which can be issued in a statement of attainment at the time the service is terminated. The client affected by the situation is also to be advised of suspending the enrollment and re-commencing in another scheduled training course.
AADTC will levy some miscellaneous charges for services. These may include:
●Re-issuing a certificate after it has been initially issued to a client;
●Replacing issued learning materials which the client has lost or damaged;
These miscellaneous charges are to be clearly specified in AADTC schedule of Fees and Charges. All miscellaneous
charges are to be based on a cost recovery basis and are not intended to be a source of profit. Evidence of replacement costs will accompany the invoice for such plus a 20% administration fee.
Clients who are unhappy with AADTC arrangements for the collection and refunding of tuition fees are entitled to lodge a complaint. This should occur in accordance with AADTC complaints policy and procedure.
By signing below, you acknowledge receipt of the policies as listed above. You further acknowledge that you have read understand, and accept each policy in its entirety.